Friday, October 18, 2013

Snickerdoodle/Suger Cookie Recipe

Now I wrote "slash" because honestly I don't know what the difference is between a Snickerdoodle and a sugar cookie is, nor do I care.  But to clarify these cookies will taste like Snickerdoodles.  I simply added/subtracted to a sugar cookie recipe to make them.

Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Makes 40 cookies

Ingredients:
  • 2 3/4 cup Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 1 1/2 cups Sugar (white)
  • Butter (softened)
  • Cinnamon (unknown amount, if I had to guess I'd say around half a tablespoon but really I've no idea)
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (optional)
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375°F
  • Stir flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a small bowl; set aside
  • Cream together butter and sugar. Now make sure the butter is completely softened, melted is a no-no, or just use margarine.
  • Stir in egg (and vanilla)
  • Gradually add flour and however much cinnamon you desire.
  • Roll the dough to small balls and/or squash them flat and place on cookie sheet.  Sprinkle on a little bit of sugar on top for decoration.
  • Cook for about 8 minutes.  Note: cookies won't look done but they'll taste delicious given a chance to set, also know that these cookies harden quickly so store them proper.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment