Friday, January 24, 2014

New Cat Food

Fairly recently I have been researching cat food.  Boring, I know, but necessary.  I should start with my reasoning I suppose.  Sweetheart (one of my cats)  has a sensitive digestive system and was on a special diet.  However, I wondered just what was so special about it.  The main issue I had was all of the additives/by-products/preservatives/grains it had.  Those things are found in so many store bought brands it's unreal.  Long story short, I ended up choosing PureVita dry cat food and NutriSource wet food.  Both are all natural and grain free.  On the negative side, they're expensive.  Lucky that my cats eat less on this diet.

Now, there is much controversy on whether dry or wet food is better.  Most say wet, personally I like to mix it up a bit, as no one cat food is perfect.  Fun fact: people say that dry food is better for your cats teeth, the truth of the matter is cats swallow their kibbles.

I'm not quite brave enough to try an all raw diet, but maybe one day.  And, it's too much of a hassle to cook up a homemade diet, not to mention extremely hard to get all of the necessary vitamins and minerals.  I think I'll try baking some cat treats though. That should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment