Saturday, December 29, 2012

Movie Review - The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

The Hobbit is a feast for the eyes.  Amazing graphics.  As far as I could tell it kept to the original storyline as well.  I'm not 100% certain as I've never been able to get very far into the book but the parts I had read were very well done in .

There are a few things that set this movie back from being one of my favorites though. First off the background music was less than average.  Secondly, that creepy thing that's always saying "my precious" really freaks me out.  I can't stand him.  Thirdly, it was so long.  I found myself yawning and zoning out at several parts.

I watched The Hobbit in 3D as well, so my eyes really hurt by the middle and were utterly tired by the end.  Then there's the added fact that I wear glasses.  3D glasses over regular glasses in not exactly the most pleasant experience and more than a little embarrassing.

I did like the choice of actor who played Bilbo Baggins. He was also in Sherlock. I think he is perfect for the role.

No comments:

Post a Comment