Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Movie Review - Oz the Great and Powerful

This is the best movie I've seen all year.  Unlike most movies out there that leave you feeling underwhelmed Oz does just the opposite.  The music was great too, with a definite steampunk air to it.  This is a movie you will not  soon forget.


If you haven't seen the original Wizard of Oz you should before you watch this movie.  They are very similar and you wont get all of little similarities.  Also, if your seeing this in theaters, don't sit near the speakers, Theadora's voice is piercing when she screams (and she screams quite a bit).

I shall be not so patiently waiting for the sequel (before you ask, Dorothy won't be in it).

2 comments:

  1. The movie looks nice, the acting is good, and I liked the adventure and the characters. It didn’t always work, but it kept me entertained for the most part. Nice review Kiyoku.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I also agree that the character (especially Oz himself) didn't work that well. Something was just a little off in his acting, but I am easily moved by music and that made it worthwhile in the end.

      Delete