Thursday, April 18, 2013

Movie Review - The Host

This movie was fantastic.  There were many bits that I was looking forward to (that were in the book) that just weren't in the movie but it was still great.  Not to mention the soundtrack, I loved the music.

The actors weren't exactly what I had imagined them to be however, they did a good job and grew on me almost immediately, especially Burns Living Flowers (or Burns) who was at the very end of the movie.  For some reason it is taking a really long time to find out what the actors name is.  His part may have been small, but he nailed it.  I really hope they come out with a second movie (or book, I'm not picky) soon.

I must warn you, this movie is a tearjerker.   So much more so than the book.  In fact, I don't recall crying much or at all while reading the book.  

Just to clarify, this is no Twilight!  It may be a love story, but that's were the similarities end.


2 comments:

  1. Good review Kiyoku. It's just another showing that it wants to be the reason why we can't take Stephenie Meyer seriously.

    ReplyDelete